Individual eyelash extensions come in synthetic mink or real cruelty free mink (Siberian or Canadian). They are bonded one by one to your own lashes and last for several weeks before you will need a top up. Usually top ups are needed every two to three weeks, but if you decide not to have a top up because you’re only having them done for a special occasion, they will last five to eight weeks before the last one falls off, sometimes even longer if they are well looked after. I’ve even had some clients manage to keep them on for ten to twelve weeks.
All About Eyelash Extensions – The Latest Beauty Craze! Eyelash extensions are individual synthetic or mink lashes adhered one by one to your existing eyelashes. They are almost weightless, feel and look completely natural, and are available in different lengths, thickness and curls to create your desired effect. Choice of eyelash extension designs range from a completely natural (although enhanced) look, a sassy sexy look, or the ultimate glamorous look. Whichever look is decided upon, the lashes will add fullness and really open up your eyes making an incredible difference to your appearance and how you feel about yourself.
There will be a consultation in my salon before we start to establish what look you are after. I will then recommend the best length and curl of semi permanent lashes to suit your needs and based on the condition of your own lashes, but ultimately the choice is yours. The initial application of the semi permanent classic eyelash extensions will take approximately 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hours. Once we start the application all you need to do is relax and keep your eyes closed. It’s totally painless. When you open your eyes, you will have thick and beautiful lashes. Feel free to have a lash nap.
Anywhere between 50 – 100 individual eyelashes are applied to each eye, the final amount will be dependent upon the size and shape of your eyes and type of look you want to achieve (natural or glamorous). I focus on designing and shaping the entire lash line using different lash sizes to create an individually designed look.
It is normal to lose a few individual false eyelashes in the first 24 hours whilst the adhesive is setting, and care should be taken during this period. Your own lashes shed naturally and new ones continue to grow in a replenishing cycle. We naturally shed 2 – 4 lashes from each eye in a day so the lash extensions will last as long as the cycle of your natural lash. Touch ups are recommended every 2 – 3 weeks depending on your individual needs (you must still have over 30% of your eyelashes remaining for it to be counted as a touch up). Your after care will affect how long your extensions last.
Yes. You can continue to wear make-up when you wear lash extensions but it is important to use an oil-free make-up remover, as oil will damage the bonding agent. You will find you no longer need to use mascara, but you can use it on the tips of the lashes if you desire, but waterproof mascara is not recommended. I carry a range of after care products specifically made for eyelash extensions.
● Do not wear eye make-up. Make-up close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based make-up removers.
● Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturisers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
● Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual make-up will prevent proper application of the extensions.
● Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
● Please silence your phone while the extensions are being applied. Talking in the treatment room is discouraged as the lash application requires precision. We provide soothing relaxation music for you to drift away and take a nap and let the lash transformation begin.
Please follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful.
● Be gentle with your new lashes, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
● Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
● Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
● Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye make-up, make-up remover, moisturiser, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye make-up. Oil-based make-up products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected. It’s suggested you only use lash shampoo given to you at your appointment or specialised cleansers for lash extensions available for purchase though us.
● Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes, never let the shower water fall directly on your lashes.
● Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
● Be very careful when removing make-up in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
● Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
● Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
● Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
● Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
Our eyelash extensions are applied individually, one by one, 1mm away from the eyelid, never directly on the skin, to your natural eyelashes using a medical-grade adhesive. Lash extensions come in different lengths, thicknesses, and curls, results can vary from very subtle and natural to very noticeable and dramatic.
The procedure can take anywhere from 60 minutes to an 2.5 hours depending on the service received.
No, eyelash extensions are no worse than applying mascara.
No, eyelash extensions are painless. Most clients feel comfortable enough to fall asleep during the procedure. At Moore Beautiful, we use superior quality products to bring the highest level of comfort possible for our clients.
Yes, appointments are required as we cannot guarantee accommodation for walk-ins. Please schedule an appointment and honour your appointment time to avoid long waits and to ensure quality lash application.
Please arrive with no make-up on or around the eye area. When removing make-up around the eyes, use a mild cleanser and avoid using moisturisers, sunscreen, and removers that have oil-based formulas. Lashes must be clean for the adhesive to bond properly.
We recommend removing your contact lenses before lash application. Eyes may feel dry and irritated with contact lenses kept in during lash application since your eyes must be kept closed for the entirety of the appointment (1-2.5 hours).
We require a removal of your existing extensions before applying your lashes here as we do not perform refill services on work that was not done at Moore Beautiful. This is to avoid the risk of mixing different adhesives and/or different materials.
Eyelash extensions last 2-5 weeks on average depending on a number of factors such as after-care, hair quality, weather, etc.
Do not get the extensions wet for the first 24 hours after your appointment, keep out of any steam rooms/saunas/swimming pools to give the adhesive sufficient time to bond to the natural lash. Avoid vigorous rubbing of the eyes or tugging at your lashes. Do not use oil-based make-up or make-up removers. Please refer to our LASH CARE section for more information.
We do not recommend wearing mascara since it is very difficult to remove from the extensions without pulling at your natural eyelashes.
No, an eyelash curler will break the bond on your extensions and will damage your natural eyelashes.
No, as long as you refrain from rubbing your eyes or tugging at the extensions you will not lose your own lashes.
Our lash extensions range from 8mm to 16mm in length, and 0.10mm to 0.25mm in thickness.
Our lash technicians only use medical-grade adhesive solely made for professional eyelash extensions.
We recommend clients come in for touch ups every 2-3 weeks. Clients who prefer to maintain a very full look come in on a weekly basis.
Removals are done at the salon by the lash artist. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself, it is best to schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed with a special removing solvent. You may also wait for your natural lash cycle to complete and have the extensions fall off naturally.